Welcome!

Hello, I'm Josh and welcome to my AS Media blog. I have worked very hard on my blog, I have had to fight against it at times when I have had difficulty uploading images or arranging things the way I wanted them, but in the end, I got there! I hope you enjoy my work!

Evaluation Question 2


2 - How Does Your Media Product Represent Particular Social Groups?
The social group that my magazine represents is stereotypically teenagers, aged 15-19, and young adults, 19-24.
You can see this in the choice of artists I have included in my magazine. For example, artists such as Jessie J (left) and Ed Sheeran attract those more into pop, whereas Linkin Park and Gaslight Anthem (right) will attract those of similar ages interested in rock music.

You can also see it in the facial expressions and dress of the artist on my front cover. On the left is the NME cover I based my magazine on, and on the right is my magazine. You can see the similarites in the fact that both artists have their hoods up, eyes straight on the camera. The closeness to the camera of both artists is also similar. They both fill up most of the front page which makes sure the focus is purely on them. 
You can also see how I have tried to target my chosen audience in the interview conducted in the double page spread. As I am aiming my magazine at a younger audience, the interview I created is quite informal. There are alot of questions directed straight at the star, about herself, which is what people of that age would be more interested in. I have also put in a little section that reminds them to buy her new album on iTunes when it comes out. I have done this because young people can be very sucseptible to advertising, especially in magazines. I have also mentioned iTunes, because that is where most people buy and store their music these days.